1. Introduction and Relationship
MangaGamer.com recognizes the tremendous responsibility of handling personal data transmitted to us and this policy describes how we handle that information. This policy covers the entirety of our services as a company and applies to MangaGamer.com and all products and services we offer.
In this policy, MangaGamer.com, “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Japan Animation Contents, KK ? the parent company for the MangaGamer brand. We are registered in Chiba, Japan, and our registered office is 254 Matsuhidai, Matsudo, Chiba, 270-2214 Japan.
MangaGamer.com is a retailer of adult products, and you must be over the age of 18 in order to use our store-front.
1.2 Intent of Use
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by your browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of our website. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. Cookies enable the use of our shopping cart and improve our website’s usability.
In case you have an inquiry about this private policy, request to obtain or delete your stored information, or would like to report a claim, please contact us through one of the following ways.
Our principle place of business is the BigBen Building 9F, 2-3-11, Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034, Japan. You may send us postal requests directly to this address.
Our data protection officer is Koji Hotta, and you can contact him at anytime via e-mail to email@example.com with the tag [URGENT-DPO] in the subject line about your personal data with an appropriate subject access request. You will receive a response within one month for simple requests, or in up to three months for more complex requests. We will do our best to reply within one week of the request. Under the GDPR, we may request a reasonable fee for processing your request(s) should the be manifestly unfounded or excessive in nature.
Our phone number is +81-3-5827-3063. You may call us during normal business hours in Tokyo, Japan to open a request, but we cannot guarantee daytime availability. It is best to submit your request in writing via post or digital means.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal
and modified for use for our needs, interactions, and relationships with our customers.
2. How we use Personal Data
2.1 Section Summary
In this section we line out the following:
- (a) The general categories of personal data that we may process.
- (b) The purposes for which we process your personal data.
- (c) The legal basis for processing of that data.
2.2 Personal Information Collected
We collect and maintain the following information about you on our website:
- (a) A nickname for your account.
- (b) Your e-mail address.
- (c) Usage data, which includes your IP Address, geographic location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, pattern of your service use, and any other data collected automatically by Google Analytics.
- (d) The status of your participation in our affiliate program.
- (e) The time at which your account was activated.
- (f) How many MangaGamer points you have active on your account.
- (g) Order details and transaction information. When you place an order we collect the date and time of your purchase, the cost of the transaction, your IP address, your MangaGamer.com account ID, your name, your phone number, and your e-mail address. Without this information we would not be able to complete the transaction through our payment processor or issue refunds. Additionally, in order to process shipments for merchandise, when you place an order for an item we may collect your address.
2.3 How Information is Collected
Information is collected through the following methods.
- (a) Account registration.
- (b) Placing an order for purchase.
2.4 How Collected Information is Used
MangaGamer.com may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) To improve customer service. We may use information in aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on MangaGamer.com.
- (b) To personalize user experience: Information you provide us helps respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- (c) To improve our website: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- (d) To process payments: We may use the information you provide when placing an order for the purposes of completing that order.
- (e) Administering our website and business, sending of statements, invoices, and payments to you.
- (f) Sending of email notifications about issues that affect our user base as a whole, such as changes to this policy.
- (g) Sending you our newsletter if you have requested it.
- (h) If you submit personal information for publication on our website, such as through a game review, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- (i) Prevent fraud and improve the security of our website.
- (j) Determine what is of interest to our customer base and target products and advertisements which may possibly be of particular interest to them.
In accordance with the above, we are a company that operates outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and your data will be handled in principle outside of the EEA.
2.5 Relevant Third Parties
We may at times transmit your information to third parties where and when it is necessary to conduct our business transactions. We never sell your information or provide personal identifying information except when necessary to complete a transaction. Examples include:
- (a) Your name, address, phone number, order details, and transaction information will be transferred to our contracted merchandise warehouse, in order to fulfill your request and send you physical products. This includes the sending and supplying of goods and services purchases through our website.
- (b) Payment details, order details, and transaction information are sent to and settled by our payment processor in order to process your payment.
- (c) Account information may be sent to our web server providers in order to issue you successful downloads, distribution of digital products, and to enable the use of services on MangaGamer.com.
- (d) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. We may provide third parties with statistical information about our users, but those third parties will never be given identifying information.
- (e) We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
3. Retaining and Deleting Information
3.1 Section Summary
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
3.2 General Policy
Any personal data that we process for any purpose shall be retained as long as you use our service pursuant the reasons outlined in Section 2.4 of this policy. User accounts (including your nick name, e-mail address, and purchase orders) may be deleted upon request. All purchase logs will be deleted and not be recoverable upon deletion request.
3.3 Shipment Logs
We will keep your hardcopy order information stored in our database, including your name and address, for up to 2 years in our database in order to solve any customer support issues.
3.4 Legal Compliance
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
4. Security of Personal Data
4.1 Section Summary
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
5. Your Rights
5.1 Section Summary
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, and access that information. Keep in mind that MangaGamer.com does not collect any extraneous information and any issue to delete this personal information may result in us not being able you our basic services as a digital store-front.
5.2 Summary of Principal Rights for EU Citizens under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- (a) the right to access;
- (b) the right to rectification;
- (c) the right to erasure;
- (d) the right to restrict processing;
- (e) the right to object to processing;
- (f) the right to data portability;
- (g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- (h) the right to withdraw consent.
6. Legal Basis for Collection and Processing of Personal Data
6.1 Collecting and Processing for The Purpose of Fulfilling Contracts or Completing Purchases
Because it is necessary to collect and process the aforementioned personal data in order to complete purchases and process payments, when you place an order we consider it explicit consent to use your data to complete the purchase. Because our digital products remain on your account indefinitely so long as we are an entity, we need to maintain personal data to keep your account open and products available.
6.2 Collecting and Processing for the Purposes of Maintaining an Account
Your personal data may be collected or processed for the sake of maintaining your account at MangaGamer.com. This information must be maintained to help you recover your account in the case that is lost and in the vital interests of the data subject.
6.3 Collecting and Processing for Legal Compliance
Collecting and processing may be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject, such as investigating credit card fraud.
6.4 Collecting and Processing for the Necessity of Legitimate Business Interests
Collecting and processing your data may be necessary to pursue legitimate interests where it does not pose a risk to your rights and freedoms. Where possible, we will use anonymized data to help us make business decisions.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or on our official blog
MangaGamer.com is operated by:
Japan Animation Contents Inc.
2-3-12 Kaminarimon, Mets Miyajima 3F
Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
General Administrator: Koji Hotta
Payment Method: Credit Card Only
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of our products, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.